Product Benefit / Persona
Universe xc Desktop
Police/Fire/Ambulance Control Room Operator - Call Takers, Dispatchers and Supervisors, Professional Standards (internal)
Interested in visualising a full map view of where incidents are currently located and having the ability to dynamically resource based on a real time picture of deployment and availability
- To have a solution that makes most efficient use of available resources to ensure the optimum response times to the public.
- Have a visual picture of the skills of resources available (e.g. Dog Handler)
- Provide responder safety by having a broader knowledge of the incident location to make appropriate risk assessment
- Being able to respond effectively and efficiently to time critical incidents
- Understanding where your resources are located and who is available to attend an incident
- Being able to provide reassurance to the public that help is on the way
How NPS can help....
- The User to easily and intuitively apply mapping layers, with an ability to mark user ‘favourites’ or commonly used, for quick access.
- Configuration of the road network and officer capabilities to always get the optimum resource and route combination
- The ability to track vehicles during pursuits and/or centre the map on a specific incident or resource
- Integration to the Organisation’s gazetteer enables immediate access to map locations of interest; for example being able to plot properties in the vicinity of an incident that hold Firearms licences. This promotes situational awareness and responder safety
- Filtering of the map on specific resource types
- Monitoring resource coverage as situation demands
- The “re-play” of events that occurred at a given point in time to review actions taken.
Universe xcDesktop mapping provides clear, up to date visualisations of incident and resource data so that control room operators can make informed decisions during dispatch.
As well delivering a fast and efficient response that focuses on the safety of responders and the public, xc also supports effective contingency planning for large events and serious incidents.
To help us get your message to the right team, please complete this form with as much detail as you can. We’ll get in touch soon.